Food Service Plan Submittal Requirements:
Any proposed sanitary sewer
work that will occur outside of the building will require a civil
site plan. All plans must be prepared by a Registered Civil Engineer
in the State of California and must clearly show the name, address,
phone number and title of the company or person preparing the plans.
Plans must be drawn to adequate
scale, with north arrow, on a large enough sheet (11" x 17"
- Submit Request
for Plan Check
- Submit Food
Service Application Form
- Submit three copies of the civil site plan. For site plan guidelines,
- Submit a digital copy of the site plan. For digital submittal
guidelines, click here .
- Submit one copy of architectural, structural, landscape and
- Submit one copy of the floor plan. It must show the proposed
usage of various areas of building
- For commercial kitchens, three sets of plumbing and kitchen
equipment plans are required.
Floor plan must show
the proposed usage of various areas of the building including eating
area seating capacity. Plumbing plan must show kitchen equipment
connected to the sanitary sewer system.
Depending on the type
of food service facility, USD may require a grease interceptor be
installed in accordance with USD
Ordinance No. 38.
For new buildings or where
there is an increase in floor area of existing buildings, additional
capacity fees may be required. Please see the Capacity
Fees page for current rates.