District Ward Boundaries and Representatives
(Note: All representatives for Ward 3 are elected “at large” and are not from specific parts of the City of Fremont.)
The Ward Map is here.
How Your Board Members Are Elected
- Union Sanitary District Board Members are elected to four-year terms.
- Members from Ward 1 and 2, and one Member of Ward 3 are up for election in 2018, 2020, and every four years thereafter.
- Two Members from Ward 3 are up for election in 2018 and one Member is up for election in 2020 and every four years thereafter.
- Board Member elections occur as part of the California Primary Election held in June of even-numbered years. These are scheduled to help reduce the cost of elections to our ratepayers.
- If no one chooses to run against an incumbent, that incumbent will automatically be reappointed to her/his seat on the Board, will not appear on the ballot, and will serve a new four-year term.
- If a vacancy occurs before a Member’s term expires, the Board may hold a special election to fill the vacancy or may appoint an individual to fill the seat until the next California Primary Election (even-numbered year). If choosing to fill the seat by appointment, the Board will conduct an open recruitment, and may select a candidate after conducting interviews.
- Qualifications for serving on the Board include residency in the USD service area and being a registered voter.
- If you are interested in a Board Member position, please contact the Alameda County Registrar of Voters Office.