USD's Commercial/Industrial Plan Submittal Requirements
Any proposed work that will occur outside of the building will require a civil site plan. All plans must be prepared by a Registered Civil Engineer in the State of California and must clearly show the name, address, phone number and title of the company or person preparing the plans.
Plans must be drawn to adequate scale, with north arrow, on a large enough sheet (11" x 17" minimum).
- Submit Request for Plan Check
- Submit three copies of the civil site plan. For site plan guidelines, click here.
- Submit a digital copy of the site plan. For digital submittal guidelines, click here.
- Submit one copy of architectural, structural, landscape and plumbing plans
- Submit one copy of the floor plan, it must show area layout and proposed usage of various areas of building
- For commercial kitchens, three sets of plumbing and kitchen equipment plans are required.
Each plan review submittal can take up to 10 business days to complete. Submittals are reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
For new buildings or an increase in floor area, additional capacity fees may be required. Please see the capacity fees page for the current rates.